Pavilion is a well regarded independently owned speciality bakery offering the very best in sourdough bread, pastries and coffee in East London and Cornwall. Founded in 2007 in Victoria Park, Pavilion exemplifies what it means to be everybody’s ‘local’. With over 10 years of experience, the Pavilion sites celebrate speciality, seasonal produce from the UK and promote health through food with a particular focus on the very best fruit and vegetables.
The sites are meat-free and stocked with organic, local produce and homemade jams with fruit from the Chegworth Valley alongside the daily baked goods.
We are a small hard working team in an established and evolving dynamic business in some of the most prominent locations in East London. We are looking to extend our team with passionate and ambitious people. You must be committed, personable and looking for a challenge. There are real opportunities within the company and we are looking for individuals who can drive us forward.
You will be working in a neat and tidy kitchen in our café in Victoria Park with brunch service. We are looking for a strong cook who can be trusted to work independently, take initiative and who has the willingness to train others.
The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in a management role in a kitchen, have a good understanding of how to properly create and maintain kitchen standards, manage their time efficiently and confidence in creating new dishes and also execute our new already existing brunch menu.
This is a position for a passionate individual who can share our vision, who is an excellent communicator and someone who can motivate the team.
We admire companies who can exceed and surpass expectations with high quality amazing customer service, teams such as Caravan, Dishoom, Allpress Espresso, Monmouth Coffee, Brawn & Padella.
Working days: Monday to Sunday, brunch and lunch and a small supper menu.
You will be responsible for:
- Executing our existing brunch menu
- Communicating with suppliers on a daily basis and making sure correct ingredient stock levels are kept in house at all times.
- Oversee and undertake catering opportunities in the area.
- Costing up dishes and adhering to the company budget policy.
- Being competent and confident in consistently producing food orders in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ordering day to day stock.
- Monitoring the quality of the food leaving the kitchen.
- Having excellent understanding of food hygiene, health and safety.
- For the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Reporting directly to our executive chef
The ideal candidate for this job should:
- Be passionate about producing high quality seasonal dishes.
- Have a positive attitude and be a strong team player
- Have strong leadership qualities
- Be willing to take future passionate cooks under their wing.
- Be ready, fast, calm and conscientious.
- Have the skills to effectively communicate expectations.
- Take pride in our exciting independent brand and be committed to building on our excellent reputation through great service and brilliant coffee.
- Minimum 3 years worth of experience in a similar role and kitchen environment
- Food hygiene certifications
- Ability and knowledge on how to cost up dishes and propose potential price points
- Confident in setting kitchen cleaning standards
- Confident in managing and maintaining correct stock levels for the kitchen operation
PERKS, INCENTIVES OR BENEFITS OFFERED
What we offer:
- Salary: starting from £25,000 (depended on experience and skill level)
- 28 days of holidays per year
- Excellent hours and work/life balance
- Good working environment and great working hours (Monday to Sunday, Brunch/Lunch service)
-The opportunity to be part of a fantastic quality driven team of like-minded friendly professionals
- Enjoyable to be around and comfortable leading in a kitchen
Please ensure a covering letter and a CV is included with your job application.
SPECIFIC TRAINING OFFERED OR PROVIDED FOR THIS ROLE, IF ANY.
Continuous support and training will be provided in regards to the menu that you will be executing.
PREFERRED STARTING DATE
Beginning of September
Your application was submitted successfully.